I had a friend ask me today if it was possible to record videos with the WebCam of a Chromebook. I looked into it and the answer is YES!
There are a couple of ways to do it, but I really liked how one can do this with YouTube!
So here's how:
1. Go to YouTube and sign in with your Google account.
2. Click the "Upload" button at the top of the screen. That one, there...right next to the search bar.
3. Here you will be given some options. Click "Webcam Capture." Be sure to check out the other options as they help YouTube to be awesome!
4. Next, you will be asked to give permission for YouTube to use your webcam and microphone.
- Click "Remember" first! So you don't have to ever again :)
- Click "Allow" second. Otherwise, this whole venture is pointless.
6. Now you are ready to record! Click "Start Recording" at the bottom of the window and off you go! Click "Stop Recording" when you are done.
7. When you are done, you will be able to Start Over or upload it. Click "Upload" and YouTube will ask for some metadata and settings so that others can take enjoy your glorious creation!
There you go! Look at you getting creative with YouTube! Pretty cool, right?
Have a happy day!