We, here at Kearney High School, are just completing our third week of 1:1 with Chromebooks. I have been in some classrooms and have seen the awesome things happening for myself and I have also polled the staff on what they are doing.
Based on their answers, I categorized the usage and here is the list so far:
- Class Websites (Google Sites, School Fusion)
- Gmail (Large increase since 1:1)
- Google Docs Projects
- Discussion Boards
- Theatre Project utilizing YouTube and Google Docs to summarize each chapter and how it relates to a given play.
- Google Search (Having it “at the ready”)
- Real time data analysis in science classes
- Graphic Organizers (Google Drawing)
- Guided Notes (Template Gallery/Make a Copy)
- Shared Slide Decks
- Online Textbooks
- Desmos graphing program
- Padlet (Parking Lot)
- Exit Tickets (Google Forms)
- Google Forms with Flubaroo script
- Infuse Learning/Socrative
This is a great start! We only asked our teachers to consider the Substitution level of the SAMR Model for technology integration and so many of them have cleared that hurdle by a mile! I can't wait to see where we go from here!
Have a happy day!